The HTPC, in partnership the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), created a program to introduce scientists and regulators to the AOP program. The program began at the 2014 Society of Toxicology annual meeting in Phoenix, Arizona, and has been updated and repeated at various scientific venues at least once a year every since. The symposia introduce the fundamentals of the AOP concept and OECD program as well as the basics of AOP construction and application to scientists interested in using AOPs in their own work. Some symposia include hands-on demonstrations. Select presentations below.
Society of Toxicology March 13, 2018
- Introduction to AOP concepts and online course
- Catherine Willett, Human Toxicology Project Consortium/Humane Society of the United States
- Creating and Using an AOP
- Brigitte Landesmann, European Commission Joint Research Centre
- Evaluating AOP Evidence
- Bette Meek, University of Ottowa
- AOP Wiki demonstration and hands-on activity
Dan Villeneuve, US EPA, with assistance from Kristie Sullivan, PCRM
World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences August 24, 2016
- Introduction to the OECD AOP Programme and Online Training course
- Kate Willett, Human Toxicology Project Consortium
- Building AOPs for Neurotoxicity: Perspective from an Academic
- Prof. Dr. Ellen Fritsche, IUF – Leibniz Research Institute for Environmental Medicine
- Demonstration and Hands-On Activity with AOP Wiki
- Kristie Sullivan, Physicians Committee for Responsibility Medicine
Video presentations available from the Society for the Advancement of AOPs
Society of Toxicology March 25, 2014
- Kristie Sullivan – What are AOPs?
- Catherine Willett – Why are AOPs important, and how can they be useful?
- Terry Schultz – AOPs: Getting Started
- Nicole Kleinstreuer – Constructing AOPs for Developmental Toxicities
- Grace Patlewicz – Development of an AOP for Skin Sensitization and Practical Applications (slides here)
- Mathieu Vinkin – Development and Use of Hepatic AOPs in the SEURAT Project Cluster
World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in the Life Sciences August 24, 2014
- Catherine Willett, HSUS/HTPC – Why are AOPs important, and how can they be useful?
- Anne Gourmelon, OECD – The OECD program on AOPs
- Kristie Sullivan, PCRM – Practical experience using the AOP Wiki
- Hristo Aladjov, OECD – Introduction to Effectopedia
- Joanna Jaworska, P&G – Application of AOP in the Bayesian network ITS framework to assess skin sensitization
- Nicole Kleinstreuer, ILS/NICEATM – Constructing AOPs for Developmental Toxicities